2014 m. lapkričio 10 d., pirmadienis

Pavilion Mies van der Rohe

If not my dutch friend, who is freshly graduated architect, I wouldn't have an idea to visit this house. And if not his brief explanation why is it so impressive, for me it would be just a plain, a little bit empty modern house. But you don't really have to understand architecture from deep perspective to get the point why this house became so popular. 

For me it was quite enough to know that this house first time was built in 1929 for International exposition in Barcelona. Try to imagine back then normally most of the houses were made of wood and stones! Now it makes sense and seems worth to visit. It really looks so modern and so nowadays building with continuous space blurring inside and outside. 


Check out some pic from my visit there. (The second one is taken from here)







1 komentaras: